The committee's terms of reference additionally state that the committee should:
- Prepare and agree committee meeting minutes and to report regularly to the finance committee and to the Board
- Be chaired by a member of CFA UK’s Board
- Involve the treasurer as a member
- Prepare a report for inclusion in the society’s annual report
- Seek out and appoint volunteers such that the committee is suitably resourced.
Areas of focus for 2016/17
We expect to maintain the same focus on achieving good risk-controlled investment outcomes for the Society’s reserves, focusing on capital preservation:
- Delivery of investment performance within the investment mandate
- Ongoing monitoring of managers, exposures and market conditions
- Close collaboration with the staffed office and Board to adjust the investment strategy where needed in light of the Society’s desire to use some of its reserves to invest in improving the member experience, to invest in CPD and in strengthening the Society’s technology platforms.
To volunteer your services for this committee, email a covering letter and your CV to the society's chief executive.