- Help improve the investment profession through dialogue and engagement around key issues.
- Investigate and assess developments related to market integrity, professional standards and regulation that are likely to affect members and the profession
- Engage CFA UK members in the committee's work
- Draft responses, position papers and other materials relating to professionalism and investment practices
- Provide input to CFA Institute's international work
- Promote the value that our profession delivers to society.
Areas of focus for 2017/18
- Increase the engagement and communication with CFA UK members through more interaction and volunteering opportunities.
- Help to deliver a compelling 2018 Professionalism Conference
- Support the next set of Value of the Investment Profession working groups and implement the recommendations from the 2016/2017 work streams
- Work with CFA Institute on topics such as the Global Investment Performance Standards and Pensions
- Further dialogue with the FCA on a range of matters including MIFID II and the Asset Management Market Study.