- To assist with the development of a programme of events to existing members based in Scotland and to attract new members
- To assist the society in building membership in Scotland and to increase the participation rate among Scottish members
Accomplishments for 2016/17
- We delivered a series of continuing education events around the theme of ‘future of finance’. This brought our membership together around a range of current and relevant topics.
- We significantly grew the volunteer network in Scotland especially via the ambassador program.
- We launched and developed our social media presence via our CFA UK in Scotland page.
- Our flagship annual analyst dinner in April 2017 again brought the Scottish investment community together around some good food and thought provoking keynote speeches.
Areas of focus for 2017/18
- Deliver a program of high quality continuing education events again around this year’s ‘ethics, professionalism and diversity’ theme.
- Engage with and support the new and growing ambassador volunteer community in Scotland.
- Continue to develop our social media offering for membership in Scotland and to deliver regular content and communication through this medium.
- Continue to develop our gender diversity work in Scotland and deliver a series of events, discussion and content in Scotland on diversity issues, questions and challenges.
- Planning is already underway for the 2018 flagship analyst dinner.